Sunday, October 26, 2014

Intro Post

Cowboys & Football Intro


For those of you reading this, this is my third(?) attempt to get started on a blog that I think I would actually care about. First, let me introduce myself. I'm John Gauweiler Jr., a 23 year-old football enthusiast/former player/coach from Northern NJ. I've been involved with the sport practically since I was able to speak. I've played football since the earliest you were allowed to until the end of my time at Montclair State University, after which I immediately began coaching at my high school in Montville, NJ. Along the way, I've experienced and learned about all different aspects of the game- dozens of different offensive and defensive schemes, playcalling strategy, coaching strategy, et cetera. The coolest part is that I'm still learning every day. As I'll explain a little further down, I would like to impart some of what I've learned onto those of you reading who may get confused by what you see on the TV every Sunday.

But, I digress a bit. This blog does have two titles: COWBOYS and football. I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan. I'm a 90's child, so I grew up watching Aikman, Smith, Irvin, Allen and Sanders carry Dallas to playoff berths and Super Bowl wins. I've stuck with them, through the lowest of lows (Remember when they let Dave Campo on the sidelines?) and the highest of the highs. Although the past couple of years have been rough to be a 'Boys fan, I don't intend on letting go.


I have two goals I want to accomplish with this blog: the first is to be a very condensed source of Cowboys information- I want to provide you, the reader, with a short, concise summary of what's going on with America's Team in a format that won't have you picking through for the information you want to see. As I do this, I will of course weigh in with my opinions on what I'm talking about. Secondly, I would like to cover football philosophy, terminology, strategy, and culture in general so the less informed among us know a little bit more about what you watch on the weekends. Don't worry, it will be covered in a very simple format using wording that won't overwhelm or confuse. I just think it serves the greater good of the sport with a much better educated fan base.

Cheers.

-J


No comments:

Post a Comment